Elmer Plays!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Just curious. Does anyone have any experience with Bird Wrasses? I swear ours plays! More than once I have woken up to a banging going on in his tank. There is a lid from one of those gumball containers, stuck in the outflow of the protein skimmer on the outtake of the Eheim and I observed him going round and round it and then striking it with his mouth, which is what woke me up!

He also will come to the front of the tank, stop and spin his body. Last night, Jess was feeding him and he is learning to poke his head out of the water to get the prawn. After we were done feeding, he leaped out of the water and hit the hood. Made such a racket he actually startled us and I thing he was a little shocky from hitting the hood for a few minutes. Very strange fish!!!

Carol

Had a green bird wrasse onetime that was a real whacko...used to swim around with bits of algae , chasing all of the other fish...and the porpoising in and out of the sand bed...really neat fish, glad yours is doing so well!!
greg

Haven't had a Bird Wrasse. But some of our fish appear to "play". We have a Scarlett Wrasse which pulls the floats from kelp under water releases them so they bob up and then repeats it, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.................!

j

Ah, a perpetual two year old...how fun! Look on the bright side, fish don't cry very loud! :biggrin2:

Ya know...I never realized how much they play! And everynight, we have to feed him or he harrasses us till we do with smacking noises at the top of the tank!

I cracked up this morn. He actually thought he was hidden....

Is that his tail? The only wrasses i've had were cleaners and 6 lined - wrasses, they didnt seem to do much out of the ordinary except for the cleaners playing dead...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back