• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Elegant cuttlefish locally

Baffscruff

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all! Ive been browsing this forum for a while now, but have only just signed up today so firstly hello!
The reason im posting is i would like to own some cuttlefish. I have been researching the area extensively for a while and I'd like to get some which could be found in my local waters, most types are too big as i only have a 50 galleon tank, however there is one species sepia elegans commonly known as elegant cuttlefish which suit the entirely. I am a UK resident and live in the city of Chester (its about 20 minutes form the coast)
Ideally it would be great to go out and catch my own, but as i have no experience of fishing it might be more humane to buy my cuttlefish from a reputable dealer. So does anyone know anywhere that will either a) take me fishing with them and let me take home live cuttlefish? or b) let me buy some from them? Any help would be greatly appreciated as im really desperate and ive been trawling google for weeks.

Thanks guys

Given that catching will not guarantee that you will net your choice species or one that isn't already fully mature, I'd say buying one from a reputable store would be the best option.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back