[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

A couple of mine were problematic with removing the front safety covers on the Koralias (mine are on all the time). I never did come up with a solution, just put them back on (which is not a simple as it would seem as they don't fit on easily and need to be twisted a bit to catch).

It is a good idea to remove the magfloat I think. Bluespotocto's little bimac Squirt lost part of an arm with one and I have add your post to my list of hardware to be wary of leaving in the tank.

I replaced the front last night and noticed it was dislodged from back glass, outer magnet that holds it in place is gone. It must have fallen behind the tank, I need to do some digging to find it. Diablo is a real monkey. For now I will keep the current situation with it turning off at night just to be safe. I am going to work on some more toy ideas having read in other journals that they seem to tire of them quickly. Will keep y'all updated.

I did some house cleaning (octopus) I wondered how this one would react to my futzing around in his space. He quickly claimed my cleaning tool as his own. I am glad I have 2.
Then again maybe he wanted to clean his den, obvously he didn't want to brush his teeth.
Well either way, he wasn't too happy. Just look at the coloration, kind of creepy.

DSCN0411.jpg

Actually I began with 1 toothbrush, he stold it from me, I grabbed the 2nd one, he let go of the first and grabbed the second one. That one he has in the photo he held onto for about a 1/2 hour. At least he kept me entertained while I cleaned. I never know what to expect, everyday something new. I love this octopus :tentacle:

Most of my kids are grown but my 12 yr old gets involved. She cannot wait until Diablo gets gentler so she can pet him. It's too bad the water is a little cloudy from cleaning and I didn't use a flash. Oh well, we'll see how he acts next week.
I appreciate all the comments, it's so much better when I can share these experiences with people who know octopuses. :biggrin2:
Our dentist is a family friend, I think he'd get a real kick out of it :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back