Einy now

I was playing with the camera...

This is Einy now, after a year in formalin.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Einy was my first octopus, an O. mercatoris. I had him for 4 months. He's been sitting in a jar of formalin for a little over a year now, over my TV. He's a lot easier to photograph than Kalypso!

Thanks Jean. Doesn't he look alive? :smile:

Kalypso's good. Growing like a weed. Her mantle is well over an inch long now. I don't see her every night but she takes krill or shrimp off a stick when I do see her. She's never out in the open where I can get a decent picture.

Einy looks much more alive than Trapper did. Amazing how the eyes seem still to be observing. Did you happen to touch him after he was preserved? Since I did not want to send Trap in formaline, I replaced the fluid with alcohol and handled her in the process. She felt every bit like a rubbery man-made replica.

i dont know if this is something that would interest you all, but the thought interested me.
a dear friend of mine, who is an amazing artist, makes these casts of squid/octos/all "creepy" creatures of the deep that are the most beautiful things. im moving in 4 months and plan on starting my first advanced tank and with in the year having and octopus.
anyhow, i was speaking with him about how sad and hard it will be when it dies, etc etc, and he said he would make me a cast of it.
ill upload the squid he made me when he found out how much i loved them....he could do it for anyone! he loves cephs! i told him about this website to show some of his art !! if your interested, please let me know. id love to talk to him about it for you!

doomsquid666,
If he is interested in commission work, have him post some pics, general pricing and contact info in the market place forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back