ehh, hello..

Oxygen.

Hatchling
Registered
just thought i would join the site. The octo and cuttle are deff cool / rare species. Love them both. But i have accuired a interest in the octo. Ive spend the last few months as a 'viewer' on this site reading lots. And finally decided to join. I currently am sw tank holder, a few mixed reef tanks. And been able to handle some of the harder corals and have them thrive. Now i would like to take the next step in a species only tank. With a octo. If everything goes well id like to have one for x mas/new years..so i still want to do lots of research. Everyone here seems helpful.
I want to start easy & small and if it work out upgrade down the road. I was thinking around 46gal bowfront, or a custom tank around 60g. And advice, threds to direct me to? A more common species? Idk' anything helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Tonmo. As far as threads go, just do a search. For a sixty or so, you could keep bimacs, which a lot of our members breed annually.
I'd also heavily recommend picking up the TFH book by Colin and Nancy...a ton of reference information.

(shameless plug)

Greg

In short, no. On a rare occasion some live stock vendors will go through the necessary hoops but the animals get stuck in customs for longer than they will survive. There are a few vendors we see in Canada that will ship to any province but we have not heard in quite some time from the last member that was active with octopuses.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back