• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Eheim Failure!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Yesterday we had banging thunderstorms where the power went on and off several times. Checked all tanks and all restarted no problem. Today, something just made me check the Eheim on G2's tank and it was humming but no outtake at all. Luckily, I had a new bigger and better Eheim waiting to be set up so I transfered the filter contents into the new Eheim, now have these great disconnect thingy's I never had before, set it all up, started it and.......the elbow at the base of the canister was leaking....So fortunately was able to switch the new canister with the old canister and no leak!!! G2 seems none the worst for the whole episode and luckily I have a large bubble filter filled with charcoal and sponge so I quess that is what kept the tank going!

Never a dull moment!!!!!

Carol

Glad that all ended well! G2 seems to be a hardy little guy.

What I'm discovering is that its good to have backups for everything!

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back