eggs of octo | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

eggs of octo

moron_aaron

O. bimaculoides
Registered
hi peeps erm my octopus i bought about 2 weeks aga juz laid eggs...wad should i do? how high is the chances of the eggs being fertile? :confused:

Adiver

Cuttlefish
Registered
From what i can tell probly a lesser chance of them being fertile and more of a chance that your octo will die. Make sure she eats! but congrats on getting the octo and her having eggs! be careful!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
The octopus you bought must have been an adult, so there is a chance of the eggs being fertile. Your octo will take care of the eggs - she probably won't live more than another month or two. Be sure to offer her food - make sure you give it to her, because most likely she won't leave her eggs to hunt for food.

Nancy

moron_aaron

O. bimaculoides
Registered
yes i did try even to tempt her rite in front of her cave but she does not come out...and shes becoming weaker by the day....

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards