EEEEEEK!

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
How much water was gone when you realised, I couldn't have done it without swearing.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow!! Every aquarists nightmare!! Glad you caught it!! My daughtor wonders why I donot let her play with even plastic baseball bats in the house!!! :shock:

Carol

fluffysquid

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
nightmare indeed! My roommate woke me up in the middle of the night when she stepped in water! Took me a while to wake up and realize that my aquarium was actually leaking.

fluffysquid

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i found the source of the leak. Looks like an already weak spot in the silicone was pierced through when gravel became lodged inside.

I re-did the silicone and followed the instructions for the waiting period before replacing the water and even waited a bit longer...

but i guess i should have either made a thicker seal or waited even longer!!

Tank was back in order and running when it began to leak again from the areas of new silicone!!! :cry:

so sad.... all that re-mixed saltwater gone except for about 25 gallons again.

I'm going to re-seal it with ridiculous amounts of silicone (and allow it to dry for an extra-long time) and sell or give the tank to a friend who wants to mess with it. Meanwhile, I'm buying a better and newer 75 gallon tank.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck in getting a new buyer. Make sure the part where you're going to put the extra silicone is if not, the silicone won't stick well.

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, look here to get some info on resealing your tank. Just enter the dimentions and scroll down to the silicon part. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssggeol

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards