Edward - O. hummelincki

bluespotocto,
Does the bimac show dark blue/purple ring around the suckers (I can't tell from Squirt's photos)? I know the eye spots are different (but hard to compare) and believe the bimac (I have not kept one) does not show the extremes in skin texture changes but I don't know the bimac has the purple sucker rings common to the aculeatus and hummelincki (and likely many others).

Ya thats the one thing that caught my was that my bimacs have had purplish orange suckers. In this photo you can see the orange sucker rings when blowen up. I have also seen purple when he changes different colors.

Attachments

• conv_296241.jpg
    conv_296241.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
I have never seen the peachy color around the outer ring of the suckers, only dark blue/purple. Hummelincki will show a peachy or peachy speckled underside but it will also be plain white. I think the peach/orange you are seeing is the on the arm and not the suckers.

cted that with the food...now when she sees me she runs to the front of the glass and "gets my attention..we had a nice game of tugowar tonight...

I keep forgetting about the shirt idea. Hummelincki males seem to hand train (who is doing the training, I am never sure) so easily but neither of my females were as immediately friendly and both brooded within 2 weeks so I don't know if they would have been as social. Maya had so much promise that it still makes me sad.

Not to push on the photos or anything :sagrin: but if you have a tripod you should not have to use a flash. Just sayin' :wink:

added a baby toy today and from around the corner i saw him playing with it...when i approached he let go though and quickly came to the front of the glass....i also noticed when he moves he keeps that arm completely curled up against his body..is this noraml

i also noticed when he moves he keeps that arm completely curled up against his body..is this noraml

Totally normal for a male and is one way to ID a male from a female (assuming THAT arm is the third arm to the right, clockwise)

took your advice d and no flash...i think they look better...1st one is him coming to front to be fed..i think at least he does this every morning...second one is for the arm...that is the third one right? he carries this one very close to his body a majority of the time when on he bottom

Attachments

• conv_296281.jpg
    conv_296281.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 98
  • conv_296282.jpg
    conv_296282.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 81
on a side note that tonga branch he loves...i have spied on him playing on this sorta like a jungle gym...when he spots me though he stops

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back