Eating an octo

My family owned a rather large spread of dairies in Minnesota...so I spent a lot of time smelling cow-cr&*...and having to deal with the buggers.
Not hatred, just love to eat them.
Boy, am I MAD !
Greg :x

Yep good stuff. But I will eat anything and everything if given a chance...although I don't care for the 100 year egg thing, or for live worms...
Hard to beat a nice rare T-bone! :biggrin2:
Greg

I've only had the hundred year eggs in soup, and didn't even notice them. My friend ordered everything in Chinese, and then said "Since you have a cold, I told them to put a preserved egg in your soup. It's good for you." I'll probably have that again very soon for the year of the monkey. Why is there no year of the octopus?

Melissa

Well, if you like all of that, try the fermented Palolao worms...I hear that they taste great!
Just think of the banquet at Tonmocon.... :shock:
Greg

Worms? eww.....I hate those stuff like snails. Anyone for chicken feet in dark soy sauce? By the way the fish egg sacks that the guy in fear factor ate is nothing. Try those at Japanese restaurants, they are delicious.

My parasitology prof. went to the area where they eat these worms, and brought back some specimens, as well as a slide show...this is how the annual feast goes:
Obtain annelid worms. soak in a mixture of goat milk and seawater for 3-7 days until fermented and mostly dissolved.
Have young pre-pubescent boys chew up betel nuts and spit resulting saliva into large cups during this curing time.
Serve worm mixture over goat meat, with cups of betel spit to wash it all down with.
Enjoy!

Greg

Well, the juices from the nut are somewhat intoxicating when digested, and I guess the elders don't want to have to waste time chewing the awful tasting stuff, so they have the young boys do it and then drink the resulting saliva mixture.
sounds grotesque to me, but who am I to judge???? After all, I like Light beer !
Greg

Since we are talking meat here for a sec thought I would share a international ad campaign to raise the awareness of pork consumption.

This an actual billboard that I believe the words meanings may have been redefined in the translation.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back