• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

"Easiest" mysid culture

Ive heard of varying range of difficulties culturing these guys and i cant seem to find a good formula to go by and id rather not order my mysids, only to have them all eat eachother and have to order another 200.

anyone have any success/failures attempting to culture these required baby cuttle foods?

I hope you get a lot of responses on this. I just ordered 200 and will be keeping them in a separate 10 gallon. The first batch I kept in a breeder net and was told that was way too small. They like lower salt ~1.014 per the company I purchase from and I am going to keep the water around 75, currently it is at 72. They are simply fed either baby brine shrimp or flake food and should be fed a couple of times a day to preclude any cannibalization.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back