Early Ammonoids

Why thank you Terri! I've been travelling and spending a lot of time in the sea and even set up a marine aquarium, but decided not to keep cephalopods in there. It will soon be cool enough to go out into the field here and I'll be back looking at the rocks.

Your welcome, we have had 100+ heat indexes for most of this summer with a lot of rain, which has caused the undergrowth to go wild. Even if I could handle the heat I would have to use a machete to even find an outcrop. But on the bright side the weather is starting to cool off here also!

Here's a pile of Devonian ammonoids from Morocco thrown together on my desk. There's Erbenoceras (13 cm at back), Platyclymenia, Gonioclymenia, Cosmoclymenia, Gyroceratites, Agoniatites, Sellanarcestes, Protornoceras, and Acrimenoceras.

Attachments

• conv_297970.jpg
    conv_297970.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 266
i think i have some bactrites myself. the body chambers are shaped kinda funny though.

Attachments

• conv_300532.jpg
    conv_300532.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • conv_300533.jpg
    conv_300533.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 128

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back