• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

DWARF OCTO HELP!!!!

What you should do is add your tank water to the bag a little at a time, maybe over 1/2 hour. It's been floating for some time, so the temperatures must be about equal. Then pick up your little octo and put him in the water - don't empty the water into the tank, if you can help it.

Nancy

How did the acclimatisation go?

Also, be sure to enter your octopus tank details into the database...

cheers

Colin

he died :oops: :cry: i did the float and drip for 45 mins, then i came back about 20 min later and he was dead, all my levels were on 0. he was a dwarf

Sorry that your little dwarf octo died. :frown:

Do you have any idea why? What about pH and sg,
nitrates, nitrites and ammonia? It would be good if you could figure this out.

:angelpus:

Nancy

well i took the other one back and the guy said i could have the last one they had and gave him to me. i floated him for 20 mins then drip aclimated him and had the lights out for a few hours and came back and he was out climbin around doin great. i put some crabs in there and have been waiting to come out :biggrin2: . im gonna name him Gus :cyclops:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back