• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Dwarf Cuttlefish and Feather starfish/Basket Starfish?

Can I keep Dwarf Cuttlefish and Feather starfish/Basket Starfish together? Will the Cuttlefish eat the starfish??(i know about the feather starfish/basket starfish, I'm in a Azoox forum)

Thanks in advance!

As far as i know they are very compatable. I have a blue feather star and am currently raising 8 Sepia Bandensis. The basket star im not so sure about. As they are cool they have a reputation of eating things when they come out at night. Whatever gets caught in their arms usually gets eaten or dies.

The possible issue I see is if this is an NPS system. There are water quality issues and heavy feed issues and various strategies for 'cleaning' the water that could be problematic, but my gut feeling is most of them should be fine. I would worry about using LC though - not sure what effect it has on cephs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back