DVD

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Journals' started by Crevalle, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Crevalle

Crevalle O. bimaculoides Registered

Anyone know if the DVD entitled "The Ultimate Guide: Octopus," which was created by the Australian Discovery Channel, will play in U.S. DVD players? It is a PAL4 region DVD. The U.S. is PAL1. Anyone?

2. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

I don't think it will play unless its coded for your region. Such a bother!

Nancy

3. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Yeah, i dont think so either, I have had bother getting UK stuff to play on Nancy's DVD/VHS too :(

4. WhiteKiboko

WhiteKiboko Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

there are region free dvd players, but i've never come across one personally.... IF you had one, then i'd say yes, but probably not....

5. smagin

smagin Blue Ring Registered

You can view it in a computer DVD player 2 ways. One, is you have the ability to change your DVD players region 5 times. If you put in a DVD that isnt from the current region you have the option to change it. If you exceed the 5 changes though, throw out the player as it will lock it out and I believe can only be unlocked with the assistance of the manufacturer. The second method, is to obtain a product called "Region Free". This is a product that intercepts the computer region checking and tells it to ignore it when playing a DVD. I have this product and it work excellent for viewing overseas DVDs.

Hope this helps.