Dude - Enteroctopus dofleini

I think this would be a good way to chronicle his growth and any other GPOs we get in the future.

I'm amazed at how much personality this guy has, and he has really taken to me. I often give him dog toys with food stuffed inside, and jars etc. He seems to respond well to them, and is very curious.
He is intrigued by pretty much everything, hah! What a guy. Every time I open the tank he comes right up an I let him taste me and we play a few games (I splash water on his face, tie his arms around each other, scratch his mantle etc). He really seems to enjoy physical contact in general.

I know I love pictures, so I figure I should share some photos of me and my bud "The Dude" (It is difficult taking photos with one hand, while he is holding the other one!)

I'm looking forward to hearing other peoples experience with these fantastic animals!

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Sorry for being so absent in this thread, it is hard for me to make time to keep an updated log. I figure I should close this thread with a little good bye to The Dude. We released him on March 10th, and hopefully he is causing a ruckus and getting up to no good.

Releasing the "Dude"

It is certainly sad to see his tank empty, playing with him everyday has been so cool. Later Dude.

Wow, I didn't realize Dude was the GPO at the Shaw Discovery Center! The tank you have created there is fantastic! I always loved sitting and watching the octopus (probably the one before Dude, as I have not visited in over a year). I think it's really good the the ocean center releases their octopuses back into the wild.
I thought he looked so majestic while walking along the sea floor, like he was returning to his domain! He also looked pretty happy!

GPO87;189173 said:
Wow, I didn't realize Dude was the GPO at the Shaw Discovery Center! The tank you have created there is fantastic! I always loved sitting and watching the octopus (probably the one before Dude, as I have not visited in over a year). I think it's really good the the ocean center releases their octopuses back into the wild.
I thought he looked so majestic while walking along the sea floor, like he was returning to his domain! He also looked pretty happy!

Thanks! He has been our best octopus by far, now we just need to catch another one to replace him. If you ever visit, feel free to ask for Dan, and if I am able I would be happy to give you a quick tour.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back