[Cuttlefish]: Dreadhead's Cuttlefish journal

A few more.
They are starting to eat the dead shore shrimp, not off the stick yet... but it's a start.:smile:
The one in the second pic is trying to mimic a tick.:heee:

Attachments

• conv_292693.jpg
    conv_292693.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
  • conv_292691.jpg
    conv_292691.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
  • conv_292692.jpg
    conv_292692.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
I still don't see them out during the day, they both come out for food when the lights go out.
I have noticed the bigger one shows a lot more color, and is more out going. Hopefully they will turn out to be a pair.

All is well. I tried to hand feed them today, Although they don't mind my face against the glass they don't like my hand in the tank. As soon as my hand went in they made for the rock, but came right back out after my hand left the tank.:smile:

Attachments

• conv_292757.jpg
    conv_292757.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 73
The cuttle's are eating 3 to 4 shore shrimp a day, so I'm starting to feed them larger pray item's. The fish gave quite a struggle.
They definitely see me as food guy, they come up to the glass every morning and evening looking for food(this is new in the last few days).

Attachments

• conv_292773.jpg
    conv_292773.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 130
  • conv_292774.jpg
    conv_292774.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 126
  • conv_292775.jpg
    conv_292775.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 94
Did it swim constantly before you fed it? It looks a lot like one we caught in Charleston with our shore shrimp that is now in the nano. It never stays still, day or night, is silver and reflects various colors (not particularly attractive) depending upon how the light catches it.

I believe they are spearing(but not sure). In the bay they swam all over the place, but when I droped them in the tank they just tried to hide, but I guess it's hard to hide from a hungry cuttle.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back