• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Dozen eggs! On the way!!

hes pretending to be seaweed. eating regularly. really loves the smallest small shore shrimp. he is still very small though. ive dubbed him Shrimp. Chunk is a little over an inch now. strangely, he stays in an area of his tank that is little larger than the breeder net he was in. he never scoots around. he just stays in and around one piece of rock. your guys are doing well, i assume.

this is chunk eating a full sized shore shrimp. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• conv_296810.jpg
    conv_296810.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
my small cuttle is dead. he stopped eating shore shrimp about four days ago. ive been trying to coax him into eating anything and he just would not. his appetite was voracious for about three weeks and then he just suddenly stopped. back to one. this is so frustrating.

just checked my salinity with a spectrometer for the first time. 1.03!! my hydrometer was reading 1.024!!

could this have lead to some of the problems i was having with eggs not hatching properly??

i don't think the reading of 1.030 with the refractometer would significantly impart the eggs you had. Though on the other hand, it may have caused the premature hatching.

it appears that chunky is a female. there are some weird looking black eggy looking things in the tank. they appear misshapen, but definitely eggs. hopefully, little man is a "man" and grows quick. he's got some work to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back