• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Dozen eggs! On the way!!

ok, here he is, in all his glory!
since adding some mysis, i have witnessed him/her hunting and eating:mrgreen:
it seems evident that it learned how to hunt amphipods, initially, and not these dumb little shrimp. the pods are super spookable and will dart around with little provocation. whereas these shrimp are a pretty easy target. anyway, lil man hunts/stalks very patiently and slowly, allowing the shrimp to drift by, and then, BAM!

Attachments

• conv_296547.jpg
    conv_296547.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 69
i have the new hatchling (Chunk) and the 2.5 week old (Buttle) in the same net together, with the eggs. I havent witnessed any real behavioral interaction yet, but what are the signs to look for that they are, or are not, getting along? Any behavioral clues?

Edit:
just saw them both cheering for New Zealand and lamenting the consistently dismal performance of the Philippines. I think they're OK.

If you have zoanthids (or any sps), yes. Mine got absolutely devastated by them. I wouldnt trust any nudi hitchhikers. Suck em out as soon as you see em and ask questions later, i say.

Nudi's are highly specialized eaters and is the reason so many die in captivity. I would put it in a shallow bowl, photograph it clearly and hop on one of the aquarium forums that has a specialty area and ask for some ID help. I keep a little pico for my unknown hitchhikers rather than letting them loose in the main tanks.

came home from being out of town for one night and one of the cuttles looked like it had been thrown in a blender. the other cuttle is fine, apparently, and there was no food in the net. the remaining cuttle is going on three weeks old. is that old enough to take down and eat another cuttle?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back