• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

does anyone know where to get Sepia officinalis cuttlefish?

The store called today they are shipping me 3 eggs Monday, they are much larger than the other eggs and turning clear. Sounds like what I am looking for to me at this point. They get 12 eggs in at a time but they are mixed. The others are the smaller grape sized eggs; 2 hatched in transit unsure what they are over the phone. Thank god someone can get them. :cool2:

All 3 eggs hatched, before I got them but the babies are twice the size of the dwarf babies. Need to start on getting them to eat now. I am going with the mysid but in the past I used baby saltwater guppies from Octopets. He sent me month old babies so I think I need to start with smaller food. I have them in a 30 gal, fully cycled tank at 68 degrees. I did a slow acclimation after they arrived today. They are in a breeder net on the side of the tank with the filter pushing water though the net. :smile:

Three arrived alive, 1 died the 1st day, 1 dies the 2nd day, the last one died the 3rd day. I am done with this for now.
Maybe I will try again after I am employed and can afford it. :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back