Does anyone know where the picture came from?

Placi's OK, although Jose i.m.h.o. takes the biscuit: he may have the "smallest" voice of the big three, but ever since Missa Creola, I've got a major soft spot for the guy...

Upvote 0
you've played octocontra! I've only ever seen a contra...
yeah, I started on clarinet, then flute, then bassoon, then oboe...and then got into renaissance instruments (shawm, kortholt, recorder,...rackett...)
funny, I've been too busy to ever drop any of them...:roll:

Upvote 0
It was totally ridiculous. There was no reason our high school band and orchestra needed it. It was band director one-up-manship, pure and simple. That stupid thing was bigger than I was, and the only reason that I was the one who played it, was that I was the only one who could sight read and transpose whatever piece of music they put in front of me. I loved the oboe, but the better I got at it, the worse my sinus headaches got. Later on, in college, I learned a bunch of other instruments, like all music majors do, but I played a dozen instruments by the time I graduated from high school. Unfortunate, really, because I was adequate on all of them, but never really terrific on any of them.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back