Does anyone know how to take care of snails?

#30Girl

Wonderpus
Registered
:snail:
:roll:I didn't really know where to put this thread, so I put it here because I need help with animal care. Anyway, I have had a golden mystery snail for about a month now. I got him at Walmart, but I'm not sure if I'm taking care of him right. If anyone has information, I beg you to post!
Ok, here's a list of my care of Snail( Yes, I named him snail!:lol:)

:heart:First, I clean his tank every week. (I use distilled tap water from the midwest. Should I be using something different?)
:heart:Second, I feed him every other day.(I use 2 Bradley(R) brand fish flakes.)
:heart:Third, I clean his shell when he gets really dirty with a soft cloth.(Should I be doing that?)

:confused:I guess if you have anything to reccomend, like a different kind of water or food, you can. Also, my snail has a long, tubelike thing, that it uses to get oxygen. Is that normal? He also lives alone. Is that a good thing, or does he need other fish with him?

Thanks so much:wink:,

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
#30girl, you are correct, snail care is not part of a ceph forum. There are off topic postings available in the Supporter's forum, designed for this kind of help request.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Girliness

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak