Diving in the Philippines for a week!

So...I'll be gone for a week or so to go to diving wit the Philippines, and as a school project, I need help some help since we all need to do a research on some local marine creatures there, and I chose cephs, any good sites that could help me find some cephs living in the Philippines?
Would Tree Of Life be good, or is there another site out there dealing with tropic octos?

chrono_war01 said:
So...I'll be gone for a week or so to go to diving wit the Philippines, and as a school project, I need help some help since we all need to do a research on some local marine creatures there, and I chose cephs, any good sites that could help me find some cephs living in the Philippines?
Would Tree Of Life be good, or is there another site out there dealing with tropic octos?

I don't know, but I want to say "have a wonderful time!" -- I wish I had gotten a trip like that as a school project!

chrono_war01 said:
:snorkel: Thank you, but still I need help on the research!! Please?

You could try to track down this reference:
Voss, G.L. 1964. Cephalopods of the Philippines. Bull. US Natl. Mus. , (234):180

or sometimes:

Voss, G.L. 1963. Cephalopods of the Philippine Islands. Bulletin of the United States National Museum 234, 1180.
(this one looks more accurate)

It's too old to be online as a PDF, though; you'd probably need to go to a university library and copy it from the journal or something. For some reason, it doesn't show up well in journal searches, although it looks like the full name of the journal is "Bulletin of the United States National Museum" --

there is a site I found with google to look for libraries that carry it:
http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/wcpa/top3mset/097ebafce0096d05.html

it doesn't list any in Hong Kong, though, but who knows if it's complete.

Anyway, probably too obscure to be helpful, but hey, I tried...

edit: this is more useful:

http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/wc...C8A5E9C21C58E4038.three&recno=1&zip=hong+kong

there is a copy of the book form in Hong Kong! (I'm going from memory that you live in HK; your profile says "not present" now -- if I'm remembering wrong, put your actual location in the location box...)

Maybe your best bet would be to just use a regular field guide, and go from there with your own personal observations...I am really looking forward to hearing about/seeing the results of this trip !!

greg

thank you for all the info and support! I'll be leaving on Saturday in Hong Kong..which might be Friday night for you guys...so don't expect me to reply for a week or so! ^_^

chrono_war01 said:
yeh, I came back last week, got sick and started sorting out the photos yesterday, I just started on sorting out the TONMOcon ones....

You didn't eat any oysters, did you ????:biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back