• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

diurnal octopus

DanK

Hatchling
Registered
Does anyone know a place by chicago that sells diurnal octopus? If not, how do I go about finding one and how do I guarantee that it really will be diurnal?

Yes, your best bet is online. I've been looking for cephs in Chicago for a while and haven't had any luck. Diurnal octos include Aculeatus (live aquaria) and hummelincki (atlantic, so if you find a place to order one make sure you ask where it's coming from). Live Aquaria octos are great, but often old. Bimacs are also diurnal (from california) and I think we have someone here that can get you one, but they require a chiller. Not sure if that's a problem for you.

hope it helps! If you find a store around Chicago let me know :wink:

Welcome Dan!

I got my O. hummelincki from Saltwaterfish.com. The problem with these is if you get a female like I did, they brood within weeks. I have to say it was worth it. I fell in love with immediately. She was out all day and loved to swim. I have only seen octopuses for sale locally a couple times. Once at Living Sea Aquarium and once at Aquarium Adventure on Roselle.
It would be great to find a local supplier but not holding my breath. :-/

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back