• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

diseases

abate

Cuttlefish
Registered
all of the fish in my tank are dying of a strange disease. it's only a matter of time before Vladimir gets it to, so i need to fid out what this disease is. if you recognize any of the following symptoms please respond with your thoughts.

-puffy eyes
-white speckles
-disuse of rear fins and in some cases gills
- kills within hours of infection

i added the last one because...
last night i fed my fish and they were all happy, (no symptoms apparent). this morning 2 fish were dead and covered with white dots. one of the fish in my tank had puffy eyes this morning when i checked the tank 2 hours ago, boom dead.

please respond with possible killers.

White spots makes me think Ick, but I didn't think Ick killed that fast. The puffy eyes are cause by an infection. They puff due to fluid build up.

I'll look around for you, but I am at a loss. Good Luck!

Parasites don't usually multiply that fast but I don't know anything about fungus or of any bacterial infection that would have ick like symptoms.

Did you put anything new in the tank just before all this started?

If you dont find what you are looking for go to WetWebMedia.com and search there. If you still cant find it ask them a question, but be careful with your email. They dont like typos or sloppy research (use SPELL CHECK!). If you dont look and arent clear about your questions they cant help you nor will they give you a straight answer. They will just send you the links to where you will/should find it. Also, put urgent sickness in the heading. Sometimes there can be a BIG delay in a response. Good luck with your fish illness.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back