discovery science channel only 30 mins left 5-6 est

theres a cephalapod show on disc science channel for those of you lucky enough to get it... mimic octo,, showd a bunch already and cuttlefish

only 30 mins left 5-6 est

damn my non-digital cable having self! anyone able to tape this? if so i have a nat. geo. documentary on the mimic octopus that we could sawp for. also, can anyone recomend any videos out there besides Amazing Suckers dedicated to cephs and/or aquatic inverts? thanks in advance. this is my very first post and i cant end this without expressing my thanks and admiration to and of all you wonderful ceph. enthusiasts on this board!

aloha,

travis from hawaii

welcome

let me be the first... Welcome yeah disc sci rocks. if your thinking of ever upgrading to digital cable skip it and go straight to direct tv. i just got my dtv after 3 years of dig cable. picture is better on more channels,more channels. more dolby sound.

they've got some really great deals for first time customers..check this out. i got the dish{special one needed to get local channels}, one regular dtv reciever, and one 35hr tivo/dtv reciever-installed for $140.00. the tivo alone wouldve cost me more than that.
the dtv tivo is better than the regular tivo cause it doesnt convert the signal to analog and back to digital.
damn this isnt the audio/visual message board..oops! :?

invertebreaker said:
damn my non-digital cable having self! anyone able to tape this? if so i have a nat. geo. documentary on the mimic octopus that we could sawp for. also, can anyone recomend any videos out there besides Amazing Suckers dedicated to cephs and/or aquatic inverts? thanks in advance. this is my very first post and i cant end this without expressing my thanks and admiration to and of all you wonderful ceph. enthusiasts on this board!

:welcome: invertebreaker I'm not sure if it's available in the US but the New Zealand Natural History Unit made a Doco a while back called the "Octopus's Garden" If you can get over the anthropomorphising (e.g. "With not one heart but three hearts beating madly") it's not too bad. Basically the filmakers followed the one Octopus from hatching to the end (SUURE) of it's life (it just happened to be female!). But the footage is good and you see some NZ critters!

(actually it may be available cos NZNH is part owned by Fox) And of course you can't go past the Discovery Doco with our very own Steve O :oshea:

J

I watched "Octopus Garden" and it was pretty cool, however it was heartbreaking seeing the way octopuses die like that. :frown: I learnt to eat more cod from that docu.

yup

i also have seen that special. very nice. yes the cod eating that poor oct like that...brutal. they give it the death roll like crocs till the tantacle breaks off. i guess it would've died in a few days anyway.

now just to program TIVO to get that one...have i told yall how great these things are.... i can search by keyword like OCTOPUS and viola.

YOU MUST BUY TIVO...MUST BUY... :grad:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back