"Discover" mag drops ball

Headfoot

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Disappointed, I am...
A fairly decent octopus article (albeit one w/o any real new info for me personally) and not a single reference to TONMO, Dr. O'Shea, or any of the other cephalophiliacs that grace this site!
They should be ashamed, they should...

.... not too worry; we've had more than our fair share of press recently - the public could well be squided and O'Shea'd out (I know I am).

The TONMO.com omission is a tad unacceptable; we'll have to post the editor a dead octopus, send it overland rather than airmail.

I've been checking out the Tree of Life ceph pages lately, and am extremely impressed!! They've done a truly wonderful job there; I take my hat off to them.

Re the Discover Mag, there'll probably be mention of the colossal squid in the final years issue ... one of those interesting stories ... and then the next colossal news you'll hear about is when we have it live in a tank, or the beast on film, in situ.
Cheers
O

Headfoot,

Cephalophiliacs? Well, no wonder we weren't mentioned. Discover Magazine is a family-oriented periodical, after all. :wink:

I'm disappointed there hasn't been some splashy print feature about Mesonychoteuthis, by now. I'd like some gatefold, full-color illustrations of the Colossal rampant in the briny deep. In good time, I suppose.

Steve, in addition to the Mesonychoteuthis maquette you recently posted images of, is there two-dimensional art in the works?

Clem

Clem said:
Headfoot,
I'm disappointed there hasn't been some splashy print feature about Mesonychoteuthis, by now. I'd like some gatefold, full-color illustrations of the Colossal rampant in the briny deep. In good time, I suppose.

Steve, in addition to the Mesonychoteuthis maquette you recently posted images of, is there two-dimensional art in the works?

Clem

Howdo Clem; there's been one magazine article after another about that Mesonychoteuthis .... I've lost track of where it has appeared, although Discover Mag, as far as I'm aware, haven't run anything. It really has been done to death, and we really have nothing further to contribute to the initial announcement, so I wouldn't expect much more press (and am certainly not promoting it).

I'm not sure what various doco crews have lined up in the way of Meso CG, but something will be on the cards, somewhere (who knows, maybe Peter Jackson will come out with a blockbuster ... no, we have no inside scoop ... just having fun :wink: ). We've got a phenomenal amount of work to get out of the way over the next 58 days (and counting), so even if PJ does call :mrgreen: I'm afraid I'd have to put him on hold 8)

Maybe we have a CG guru online that would like to have some fun?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back