Devils advocate or just plain ignorant?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
You be the judge.

As far as I am concerned this is sickening!

Click here.

If you have a spare 11 mins (or so), watch this video ..... you'll see the man himself (Talley that is) ... and a few unhappy conservationists! (Click beneath the picture.)

it's not like this a government official... he owns a seafood company, big deal... he's still bound by the laws... let him speak his peace...

interesting how the synopsis at the top ranked these issues... and what is mmp?

MMP, stand for "mixed member proportional" it's the way we elect our government. Generally, the way it works is we vote for the member of parliament and also the party we want (which isn't necessarily the one our preferred member belongs to!). The member with the most votes is elected to a seat and depending on how many votes each party gets they'll also have a certain number of non electorate members taken from a party list, the so called "list MP's" 'tis very confusing!!!

As for Peter Talleys talk :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: fur seal diet studies show that these animals target very few commercial fish species and as for whaling..............................:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And yes WK of course he's entitled to his opinion but he really need to do his research BEFORE he spouts off! Often the way quota's get assigned in NZ means that fishing companies get the last access to the Minister who sets quota's so actually this chap and others like him have a great deal of influence over these issues, but they are completely blinkered by commercial concerns. This is the same man who said that there is absolutely no evidence to show that bottom trawling does any damage!!!!!

J

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you think that if we sent Mr. Talley an anonymous letter informing him that 'Ph'nglui inglw'naf Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah' nagl fhtagn' is a magic spell for getting rid of seals and greenies, he'd bite?

MMP = mixed-member parliament, our governing system. Until the stars are right, anyway. :cthulhu:

Ok...didn't watch, just read the accompanying article.( The tv and computer are in the same room, and my husband is watching.) I guess we can say about that Talley monster, once and ass always an ass.

Honestly, when i read the kill and eating seals bit... i laughed because this man is just trying to get someone's goat...

.... and an update on the Talley tyrade.

As an aside, more bad news for seals, this time in Canada.

Sometimes I do feel like becoming a vegetarian!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back