dead scorpian fish etc...

Tako_Poke

O. vulgaris
Registered
Today when I got home from school I found my leaf scorpianfish lying on the floor dried out next to the tank. :cry: And I just found a petshop to supply fish to! I probably could have sold it for like 20 dollars! Not to mention I feel terrible about it dying in my care. Do you think the octo could have thrown it out of the tank??
In other exciting news I finally got a protein skimmer, well its actually more of an 80 dollar two in one filter skimmer. Unfortunately I can use it because I need a pump...

prolly. i doubt that a fish could leap out of the water liek that. besides i can easly amazing the octo sittng in a corner and grabbing the fish and chucking it out the top.

chris

Yep. It seems to be functioning well. I also figured out that it does the same thing as my bio wheels. So now I have double the filtration power.

Warning-
Octo will be on the floor tomorrow if a fish can just jump out. I had one push the top open and climb the drapes!
Wouldn't want to lose that great looking guy.

I guess this will be a test of your new skimmer!

Usually octos don't ink when you use a flash - it must have startled him.
You should be able to get good pics without a flash.

And yes, you need to octoproof your tank - you need a cover and some protection for any intakes. Do you need further ideas on how to do this?

Nancy

I think it is likely that the fish jumped out on its own accord... perhaps being in with an octopus spooked it. I tend to try and keep all my tanks covered.

I also had an eel that did the same thing. It suprises me that the fish could escape though because the space for it to jump out is extremely small.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back