• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Dead or Alive !!! - Pic's

I got one egg and a less than 1" baby that came DOA , its the second week now but i don't see any changes with the egg , its not changing color or getting bigger or anything is that normal? what shall i do just wait...here are the pic's.
Thank You

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4

(edit by monty: changed pictures to links, because they were too big and made the formatting weird and were slow to load...)

cuttlegirl;139205 said:
Hard to tell because your pictures are so huge, but I would just wait, there is no harm in waiting and it might be ok. If it starts disintegrating, then it is dead.

thank you cuttlegirl for the input so i just wait its already the 2nd week now , and the egg looks the same!!!:hmm:

cuttlegirl;139495 said:
What does the egg feel like if you gently touch it? Is it soft like jello, or harder like a gummy worm?

I touched it and it feels like jello , and there is a small hole in it , and the egg size is the same.

I Tried a flashlight , but can't see much because that thick cover is still on the layer , there is a small
area were i can see thro but i don't see anything moving.

Sorry to say, but if there was a hole in it earlier, there is nothing you can do.(it either hatched earlier or something got in) Probably hatched looking at your earlier photos) If WC, there might have been some little critters that were able to get in.
I bought 4 WC eggs a few months back. All were history before even getting them. 2 had white bug looking things crawling over the eggs. (Now being patient and waiting for CB's)

Also!!! In Pic #2 there looks like baby in the same bag as the egg. Did you order 2 or just one? The baby could be from the egg and hatched during transit. Where did you get them from?
Usually they only send one animal per bag. Maybe that is the confusion.

MrED;139653 said:
Sorry to say, but if there was a hole in it earlier, there is nothing you can do.(it either hatched earlier or something got in) Probably hatched looking at your earlier photos) If WC, there might have been some little critters that were able to get in.
I bought 4 WC eggs a few months back. All were history before even getting them. 2 had white bug looking things crawling over the eggs. (Now being patient and waiting for CB's)

Also!!! In Pic #2 there looks like baby in the same bag as the egg. Did you order 2 or just one? The baby could be from the egg and hatched during transit. Where did you get them from?
Usually they only send one animal per bag. Maybe that is the confusion.

Replied to your PM ,
My order was for one egg only , and the baby you see was a bones because i bought the egg , at least thats what they told me , now the baby came DOA and the egg had something hanging out of it from that hole ,maybe its true as you say they sent me the egg and it hached in transit i dont know !!! already passed 2nd week so i guss im going to perform the operation and open it. and i got them from ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back