Day at the Baltimore Aquarium

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi all,

There's a chance a few of us might meet up at the Baltimore Aquarium on the afternoon of Sunday, June 3. Anyone else interested? Tony? (Bueller?) I won't be able to make it to TONMOCON proper ( :cry: ) but that doesn't mean I don't want to meet everyone!

:goldfish:

I know... I so wanted to be there... just had to coordinate too many other things at exactly the same time. Maybe next time? I promise I will make it to at least one!

Actually, we are looking into the possibility of a live call-in program during the convention. A combined Cephalopodcast / Octopodcast... "live"! Not sure, but stay tuned!

tonmo;94557 said:
Actually, we are looking into the possibility of a live call-in program during the convention. A combined Cephalopodcast / Octopodcast... "live"! Not sure, but stay tuned!

For people with Apple laptops, iChat AV does pretty good videoconferencing, if wherever we're meeting has internet connectivity (ideally wireless). There are probably windows things that work well, too, but I don't know what they are...

Of course, speakerphones will be good, too, if we don't need to see their smiling mugs (or count the hooks on their tentacle clubs, or something)

- M

monty;94572 said:
There are probably windows things that work well, too...

Man, I can think of so many smart-@$$ responses to that...

I think Microsoft Netmeeting is the thing most people use, at least it used to be, but I rarely recommend giving microsoft money. They have quite enough.

When we don't have access to our Polycom systems, my coworkers and I usually use a web based service (ReadyTalk) to get around platform compatibility issues. The refresh rate isn't great, but it usually gets the job done, and our Mac, Linux, and Windows users can at least all suffer in an unbiased and equal fashion.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back