• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Daring cuttlefish flees lab tank for freedom of lough - Belfast Telegraph

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

Daring cuttlefish flees lab tank for freedom of lough
[SIZE=-1]Belfast Telegraph[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]But the intrepid cephalopod made a daring Great Escape, squeezing its way down the drain of the tank where it was being held — and vanished without trace ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

More...

bathypol

Wonderpus
Registered
Last I checked, bob-tail squid don't have cuttlebones. At least none of the one's I'm working on do. Sure they have small gladii, but no cuttlebone. Maybe that's what separates the Sepiolinae (the one in the story) from the Rossiinae (my little samples). Must go do some reading on this :confused:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
We had a student studying Sepioloidea pacifica and they did a number of things we didn't expect, they escaped with amazing regularity so we had to octopus proof the tank (as it were) and they turned cannibal, again unexpected, but beaks in guts is pretty conclusive evidence!

Members online

No members online now.