• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttles

hi guys are cuttles more sensitive or harder to take care of than octos? i have a bimac since last june w/no problems. i was thinking of getting a cuttle but was wondering are they less hardy than octos? i have a 300 gal so i would like to buy a larger type other than whats available like what thales have. or would that be good for that kind of cuttle? and do they have to be kept in pairs or would just one in the 300 be okay? thanks everyone jimmy.

Cuttles are not more or less sensitive to water quality from my experiences. They are easier in some regards because you do not need to seal the tank and can have a clean up crew of snails and hermits.

However, there are no other species of cuttlefish available for sale to hobbysists in the US that I am aware of. A 300 Gallon system can house 2-3 Officinalis, but again, thats if you can get your hands on one. With the correct licensing and permits, it may be possible to have some eggs shipped, but the minimum order was 100 eggs.

I suggest 20 Bandensis!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back