• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefsh

Hello.
i was wondering what kind of cuttlefish i could get that would live long in a 50 gallon tank. what and where would i buy stuff and what would i needd to accomidarte such a creature? :smile: please reply quickly

A bandensis would be a good cuttle for that tank, but they're not too easy to get in the US even if they are the most frequently imported species.9 in 10 will usually die in transit.

Protein skimmer and activated carbon are musts as these guys are more to ink then octopus. They should be fine as long You don't make any sudden movements. Other than that they really aren't too hard to care for.

Re: cuttlefsh

supernick said:
:smile: please reply quickly

always as quick as we can!!! :smile:

Biggest problem with cuttles is getting them healthy... as Joel says, many do badly after transporting

Yup, thats the tough part. TONMO.com member lefty has a bandensis and recently got another one though it :cry: . I too have one but im not in a convenient location.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back