cuttlefsh

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by supernick, Feb 5, 2004.

1. supernick

supernick O. bimaculoides Registered

Hello.
    i was wondering what kind of cuttlefish i could get that would live long in a 50 gallon tank. what and where would i buy stuff and what would i needd to accomidarte such a creature? :) please reply quickly

2. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

A bandensis would be a good cuttle for that tank, but they're not too easy to get in the US even if they are the most frequently imported species.9 in 10 will usually die in transit.

Protein skimmer and activated carbon are musts as these guys are more to ink then octopus. They should be fine as long You don't make any sudden movements. Other than that they really aren't too hard to care for.

3. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Re: cuttlefsh

always as quick as we can!!! :)

Biggest problem with cuttles is getting them healthy... as Joel says, many do badly after transporting

4. NickA5582

NickA5582 Sepia elegans Registered

And if they don't die in shipping, they have short lifespans and are usually sold as adults with a month or two to live. :)

5. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

Yup, thats the tough part. TONMO.com member lefty has a bandensis and recently got another one though it :cry: . I too have one but im not in a convenient location.