cuttlefish

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by smalljerm, Jan 2, 2010.

1. smalljerm

smalljerm O. bimaculoides Registered

hey all, recently i just found out that one of my friend owns a kelong( is like a fishing place in singapore for fishing for commercial food) anyway, he found out about my obsession with cuttlefishes and told me that every other night, he will have cuttlefish swimming into his fish nets, and he told me he could get some for me, so i told him okay, he just passed me one today, but it doesnt really look like sepia bandensis, i`m thinking it could be a officinalis but the thing is its from singapore waters, i would love to post up pics right now but i dont have my camera with me, so could anyone let me know what kind of cuttlefish are found in singapore waters? thanks alot!

2. MrThate

MrThate Pygmy Octopus Registered

I've been looking around for you and i'm having trouble really finding anything, singapore cuttlefish is pretty broad, and most of what im finding is about ordering cuttlefish to eat haha. Any more details, like appearance or a more specific region?

3. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

4. smalljerm

hey, looking for me ?? whats up ?

5. smalljerm

6. smalljerm

picture intensive!! please please do help me id so i can provide it with the correct knowledge!

Attached Files:

7. smalljerm

and more!!

Attached Files:

8. smalljerm

he doesnt change colour much, usually either chocolate brown or goldish brown, his texture doesnt change much ether, only very tiny bumps. his awake most of the time, usually when the lights are on his quite active, swimming around, eats food readily, feeding him on a diet of ghost shrimp. and the funny thing is he doesnt really bother hiding, from day one, he`ll just burrow himself or either hang out right infront of the tank sand bed never really bother hiding between the rocks, i even built him a cave sort of thing, but he doesnt bother. yupp would be really nice if you guys could help me id him