Cuttlefish video!

Yeah, way, way cool... Great shots of it moving along the floor, using its arms to push itself along.

Nice soundtrack too :headphon:

Thanks for sharing -- welcome to the site!

You need Quicktime.

When installing, be sure to de-select all the mime-types and file-types that you DON'T want Quicktime running for your on PC... I hate how these applications take over your PC when you install! Alternatively, download the viewer, watch the movie, then uninstall it! :smile:

Yep Quicktime. When I have time I will put the link on the movie page.

Joel - sorry to hear about your Wasabe. I am already trying to figure out how to get my hands on another one in the States.

Anyone ever ship a baby to the US overnight in a ice chest with heat pads labled 'seafood'?

:P

that was great!!!
Iam researching all these ceph critters and such for art work.....the vidios really helped me get a better idea of how they move.
Great choice for the sound track..especially for the Angler.
thanks Sarah

Hey everyone,

Last night I picked up another bandensis! 1/2 the size of my current cuttle, and ate as soon as I put him in his own tank. It had been at the store for about a week and had been eating like a pig, and ate for me before I bagged it up.
Where is the best place to get tips on sexing and breeding? Wouldn't it be cool if...

TIA

:biggrin2:

Great find, Is it in the same tank? I also find that these guys get used to their environments pretty fast and will eat 1 minute after release. Good luck and may you get eggs, there's quite alot of demand for them down there :wink: .

The only way i could tell my cuttles apart was with their size but i cant find anything about the sexual dimorphisim of bandensis.. it was officinalis i had, but size is probably a good bet.

I dont see why you couldnt breed them and you should make every effort to try! Apart from anything, you'd make your money back no bother!

You should seriously consider doing this and it will be a big help to the wild caught populations!

My males always displayed around the time of the full moon.. perhaps allw them to see each other through a clear divide and wait until the male is displaying to her.. i lost my female through the males impatience so better wait until the female shows interest in him too!!!! Otherwise you might get left with a headless female too :frown:

I really do want to breed them. Right now they are in different tanks across the room for each other (the little one is fast). Any recommendations of articles besides the James Wood article?

Let me know if this discussion should get it own thread elsewhere on this board.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back