• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Tank cycle initiated!

OK, so I've got my water, my test kit, 2 lbs of rock per gallon and everything tested and set up. Been building the tank since January and now it's finally being left to do its thing. I'm now 9 days into the cycling process and the ammonia is at .25. Now to stare at a tank of rocks for 3 months and check my levels constantly.

If you need a mini-project suggestion :sagrin:, I would invite you to photograph the tank on some kind of schedule (maybe every two weeks?) and post in the Tank Talk forum. We often have people starting their first tanks and asking questions about what they see so a sequence of "typical" photos would be great. Additionally, I have found that you often see interesting happenings in a photo that are totally missed when viewing the tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back