• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish System

I now have the opportunity to raise the eggs in a aquarium science/marine bio lab, with much more resources than I have in my apartment. :smile: The system I'm raising them in is a 300g+ clownfish growout system that has been well established for 3 years. The tank I just established at home is the original 40 breeder that I'm currently cycling with clownfish, that will eventually only have two adults in a few months.

Finally they're here! :biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_300606.jpg
    conv_300606.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 129
  • conv_300607.jpg
    conv_300607.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 112
Time for an update. I came home on Sunday to 3 hatchlings. I ordered mysids on Monday, and received them today. Unfortunately, I lost two of them last night. :sad: The remaining one is still not very active, only slightly moving and flashing colors when a mysid runs into him.

Hope the little one makes it. It is important to have live food on hand for when they hatch. They are not very active when they first hatch. As long as it is still flashing colors, you have a chance with this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back