• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Rearing System (Video Walkthrough)

magnetar68

O. vulgaris
Registered
I finally swapped out my 125G tank with a new and improved tank and re-plumbed the entire system with support for rearing some cuttles. I hope to start this project after Thanksgiving (subject to availability of some eggs). Here's an Intro video walkthrough of the setup. Let me know if you see anything that will be trouble. I don't have a lot of room, so I have had to make due with a tight space, but I have a 20G Long plumbed into the filtration system as a rearing tank and another 20G Long for keeping some mysids/grass shrimp. Eventually, the cuttles will move to the 125G display which now has no fish it. I will remove the one torch coral by then and hopefully add a variety of non-stinging soft corals.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back