• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish or octo

Joe........ or eat each other!!! :mrgreen:

Mercatoris are only available from imports from the USA, they may not be too easy for us to get over here, i havnt tried as they are a dwarf and havnt shown much interest in them as 9 times out of ten they are sold as mature adults with a short time to live

I'm sure someone like a crab fisherman or someone who catches lobsters will be able to give you an Eledone or vulgaris that they catch one day??? Go to the harbour and leave your phone number with people and offer them some cash for a live small octopus from their traps.....

joel,
How do they breed them by just having one octo in a tank? I want to breed them

Colin, eledone or vulgaris is way too big for me. They are going to eat my fish. As i said before, fish are very passive and friendlyfish fish.
Colin my lfs can bring Mercatoris to here i think? Is there any pygmy octo which lives around Singapure or common at Singapure, because my lfs is taking fish from East Asia?

Breeding an octo ain't gonna be easy. 1st, you would obviously need a male and a female, the tip on one of the tentacles of the male octo as no suckers. This is not easy to spot if a octo is hiding or moving around, this is not obvious in juviniles.
now, I'm not sure if a 65 gal is even big enough for 2 octos. And before mating, they would lead a normal lifestyle, this means that they might fight over food or canibalise.

Most of the octos coming from asia are pygmies so that shouldnt be a problem... expect bocki or a member of the horridus complex.

I understand that you want fish in your tank but i still think it will cause many problems, especially for a first time...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back