Cuttlefish: Long or tall?

Flake

Hatchling
Registered
I'm toying with the idea of looking into cuttlefish. I really am trying to gather all the info I possibly can about them. I can't seem to find the answer to a big question I have. I can find tank size, but not ideal tank dimensions. Would cuttles do well in a tall tank? I have a 56 that was set up for a while and due to moving issues, is now distinctly empty. I had plans to set up another reef, but the idea of cuttles sounds much more interesting.

The tank is a 56g tank, but it's tall. Dimensions are weird: 30-1/4"L x 18-1/4"W x 57-7/16"H. Would cuttles thrive in a tank this size or would they prefer a longer tank. I feel like they seem to spend a lot of time on the ground, so my gut says maybe not, but it never hurts to ask. :cuttle:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:welcome: to TONMO

I'm not a cuttle expert, octopuses are my thing but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to answer you question. I know that in all our current setups everyone is running a standard tank dimensions, Nothing really tall like yours.

Flake

Hatchling
Registered
I was looking at s. bandensis. I should have mentioned. I just wanted to make sure there was enough ground real estate for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Girliness

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak