• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish in a Twenty Gallon.

Welcome. Does your LFS know kind of cuttlefish?

How much experience with salt water animals have you had?

They will not eat frozen at birth, only live food.

They usually eat mysids and then will eat small shrimp after they get a little larger, they can be successfully weaned to frozen food, although most people have found that their animals are healthier on a live food diet.

A 20 gallon is on the small side, but might be ok if you have a larger tank to transfer them into when they get bigger. Some people float them in a breeder tank inside a larger tank so that they can make sure the hatchlings are actually eating.

@cuttlegirl , look under the post and to the left side. You should see your name and the post date followed by a string of words, Edit Delete ... Report. They are bold but not displayed as a button (I see a few more words where you see the ellipse and am not sure what non-staff see) . If you click the word Edit, it will bring up an editing window for simple edits. In this window you can click the "more options" button for a full edit screen. If you don't see this, let me know what browser and device you are using to be sure we don't have a technical issue.

I posted a couple of hints for the new forum in a post called 2013-2014 Forum Tips and Tricks that I hope is helpful for some of the new navigation. Let me know where I could make some of the content more useful if I missed mentioning/describing something confusing.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back