• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish in a Twenty Gallon.

Live mysis only way to go, I breed amphipods just for my baby cuttles and found they fill better with mysids.also they ate through my tank raised amphipods, they just don't breed fast enough to supply my cuttles.

So far, I am about a week and a half in to feeding 4 baby dwarf cuttles. I keep them in a breeder net in a 40 gallon. They do eat amphipods, but prefer mysis. I don't think there are any retailers selling mysid shrimp, you pretty much just have to either catch them yourself or if you're inland like me, order them off the internet. I knew this going in, though. The amphipods and (I have some form of shrimp population in my main tank) keep them fed between mysis orders, but as everyone else said, this is what they eat. Also, they hate being observed when they eat and only do it in total darkness.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back