• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish ID please

theLIQUIDzoo

Hatchling
Registered
saw this at a LFS today. it's about the size of a walnut.

any idea on telling it's species?
or age?

thought the species might be:
http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/inverts/molluscs/cephalopoda/cuttlefish/Sbandensis.htm

they have had it for about a month and it eats well.

i have a 21 gallon with few inhabitants (no fish, only a peppermint shrimp [the first meal!], crabs snails) and ready to go...cycled i mean. maybe too small of a tank? have kept marine fishes before, but not any cephalopods.

still doing research.
thanks for the help.

[sorry for the lousy pics...he was in a breeder, and it's a top view with a new camera...yeee...]

Attachments

• conv_302174.jpg
    conv_302174.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 104
  • conv_302175.jpg
    conv_302175.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 83
Bandensis alright, or it could be that related species...... I'm not too sure how large a walnut is but i'm guessing an inch or so, then it has a couple of months left.

the pictures werent very clear and i am not an expert to begin with! Joel i thought bandensis got a bit bigger than that! if not then it is probably almost dead!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back