• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish help

Cuttle feed

So far the Mysis culture is stable. My main concern for my cuttlefish is to maintain a constant source of food for them. One of my six eggs have hatched and I am feeding the Mysis to it. all seems well so far.

brent&kitty420;189043 said:
They start to look deflated right before hatching then over the next few days they eat the yoke sack after that they need live mysis

1.022 (29.2ppt) is too low and is probably your problem. I keep salinity between 33.5 and 35 ppt, and get nervous when it gets lower than 33 ppt. Some people recommend keeping fish at lower salinities to help fight certain diseases, but I think that should be a treatment, not a constant. Keeping it low certainly is not necessary and is not good for cephs. Good luck.

Rich Ross

Some one is using the name Mark Forster and I can tell you that IS NOT ME!!! So whoever is using it please stop!!!! I only have a few posts and newly joined TONMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back