cuttlefish hatch rate and survival rate | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

cuttlefish hatch rate and survival rate

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
I did an informal poll of some of the people who have Baby A's eggs in their care and so far (29 eggs reporting...), there is:

66% hatch rate

31% survival rate

main_board

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Interesting. I've loved following the stories of Baby A, and now we have a whole other generation to follow! Please keep us informed as you hear from more people.

I was curious, when you say "survival rate," to what point are you considering survival? A month? Week? Survival to this date? Just curious as you've said that she's laid eggs for three months, so you've got a large spread of potential ages of her babies. Love to hear more!

Cheers!

dutchcourage

GPO
Registered
I ordered 5 eggs from cuttlegirl 3 hatched and i have one survivor that was born around dec 10th he/she is about a inch long :wink:

ps:pics soon to come

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards