• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish & Fish update

djdime

GPO
Registered
Just thought i'd give you all a quick update on how im doing with fish in my cuttle tank.

So for close to a month ive had a foxface and a sailfin tang in the tank with the cuttles without no problems whatsoever ( i got these fish to deal with problematic caulerpa )

Anyway, my Aptasia problem had been getting worse and worse and we all know that peps is the right route to go down but we also know its not the best idea with 6 adult cuttles.

So, after some research i purchased a Kleins butterfly about a fortnight ago who has since rid my tank of the aptasia.

Again cuttles and fish are doing fine, if anything the fish presence has really brought the cuttles out more, in fact, yesterday i saw one of my males chasing a peice of nori around the tank :lol: he soon spat it out after a taste!

On a side note, i have only fed live since introduced into the main tank which was becoming too expensive. On monday i brought some raw shelled king prawns which, as expected, the cuttles turned their noses up at.

However, if i break them into peices and place in the tank, the cuttles are now VERY friendly and will swim about my hand, i place the meat in front of them, at first the try and blow it away but if i persist and they actually touch/taste it, they then latch on. They are going to get lazy :lol: but it will save me a fortune!!

ALSO!!!! second clutch of eggs found yesterday, ive had about 80 in total so far! I dont know what to do with them all :lol:

That's great! Thanks for the update. With the eggs, if you do sell them, make sure to keep some and raise the young. Remember that cuttles only live around a year, so if you sell all the eggs, then lose the cuttles, you're left with nothing.

Im finding it impossible to sell them as quick as they are being made!

Guess people in the uk just dont want cuttles :lol:

post the story about your cuttles on a native seawater board and you will see how many people also want cuttlefish.

My dealer has sold 10 more cuttle eggs in one month after i've postet the story about my cuttles.

hi djdime i have pm,ed you about some bandensis eggs but had no reply i assumed you had none left. I have been looking around for ages for some.
do you have any left?
how do they ship im in surrey?
or is it pickup only can you pm me with any details cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back