• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish eggs

Hey Cuttlegirl! Did you get my private message about cuttlefish? If you sent me a reply, I might of accidentally deleted it >

Well, for her 8th month birthday today, Baby A laid more eggs... I kind of expected it though, since I caught her cuddling with Scrunchy this morning. Three more - she is officially over 200 eggs. Grand total 201.

If you want to hold on to them for a while, so there are a bunch, I would be interested. I am still not having great luck with development. Sad me.

So HERE is where we got the bandensis eggs from! Has anyone from the NRCC told you how they were doing?

They're just the cutest little squishies... had one hatch fairly quickly, another two hatched just yesterday. There's some more that look like they're coming along.

Very good of you to send them to us! :wink:

Cuttlegirl,

I definitely want some. I have recycled a tank just for them (mini-cycle) and have ordered a small skimmer to add to the tank. The LR didn't suffer much and my ammonia and nitrates are back to zero. I have not put any sand in the bottom yet (I plan on using dead aquarium sand - I have it on hand - and not live sand) as we want to add a small watercooler chiller (no more noisy fans on this tank!) and will have to drain the tank to drill it but the LR has been in-tank for a couple of years. By the time the eggs hatch, the tank will be well settled and I have several tanks that I can use with a hand on nursery.

Please let me know the next step. I can easily send a check or Paypal. I am currently unemployed so I can arrange to be home for delivery any time.

fluffysquid;86564 said:
So HERE is where we got the bandensis eggs from! Has anyone from the NRCC told you how they were doing?

They're just the cutest little squishies... had one hatch fairly quickly, another two hatched just yesterday. There's some more that look like they're coming along.

Very good of you to send them to us! :wink:

Thanks for the update on the babies - I didn't know how they were doing... glad to know they are thriving! :biggrin2:

Thales;86559 said:
Thats prolly enough. Pming you now!

I don't seem to be getting any pms... hope nothing is wrong - I am sending you some tomorrow. Anyone else who is interested - hang in there for the next batch... this batch is going to the West Coast Cuttlefish Breeding Program...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back