• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttlefish eggs

Wow...That's alot of babies to be! I'm not real familiar with cuttles but will have to research what type she is! Good luck with them!

Carol

corw314;85198 said:
Wow...That's alot of babies to be! I'm not real familiar with cuttles but will have to research what type she is! Good luck with them!

Carol

She is a Sepia bandensis and from what I heard, bandensis are supposed to lay between 5-40 eggs... I wish...

I talked to someone from the NRCC and she said there is only ONE peer-reviewed scientific article on Sepia bandensis. All that is known about the life cycle of bandensis is from private aquarists and Tonmo people...

Well, I finally pulled the eggs off of the rocks and I undercounted... she is up to 176 eggs. This batch is going to NRCC. All three cuttles still look good and tomorrow is Saturday, and you know what that means :bugout: .

Well, I double-checked the tank before shipping off this last batch to the NRCC. I come home from FedEx and what do I find??? 5 more eggs - 181 total. The cuttlefish get the best of me every time...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back